9 March 2017

Fantastic Voyage: Influence Map

My Influence Map
This is my current Influence Map for my "Fantastic Voyage" Project. I will be doing The Cell Cycle.

My idea was to present The Cell Cycle as a Game Show, with each checkpoint being like a different round of the show. fI will be taking inspiration from things like Total Wipeout or the inflatable courses you see in the Influence Map for the design of the set/studio/course.

An Image of the Cell Cycle, with marked checkpoints
Art style wise, I am thinking of mainly designing the various cells and the Game Show Host simplistically, a la "Dumb Ways to Die", although whilst researching images for this I remembered a game that had a somewhat simple art style - Mini Ninjas.

Production Art for Mini Ninjas
Even though there is a fair amount of detail within the character designs of Mini Ninjas, the game is aimed at younger children, so they have to be designed in a way to make them appeal to that younger audience. Because I would like my Target Audience to primarily be mid-to-late teens, whilst still wanting the process and animation being understood by people of all age groups, I feel that by having simpler characters and making them appear more child-friendly, will help aid the readability of my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment